In 2020, Everlytic and Elizabeth from Novation Consulting hosted a POPIA Webinar Series to unpack the legalities of the POPIA legislation that will be enforceable in South Africa from 1 July 2021. In this POPIA Q&A blog series, we share some of the questions we received during the three webinars and the answers Elizabeth provided. This blog covers the questions we received on getting consent for direct marketing.
Getting Consent Q&A:
For more guidance, watch our POPIA webinars, listen to our POPIA podcasts, read our POPIA guide, or chat to a POPIA expert, like Elizabeth de Stadler from Novation Consulting.
Related POPIA Q&As
- What is Direct Marketing?
- Who’s Responsible for POPIA & What will Happen if They Don’t Comply?
- What You Can Do Before POPIA Becomes Enforceable
- Data Collection, Privacy & Storage
- Harvesting Data from the Internet & Social Media
- Marketing to Certain People Without Extra Consent
- Third-Party Consent for Direct Marketing
- Dealing with Unsubscribes from Your Direct Marketing
- Data Privacy Laws & Using Personal Information
- Data Privacy Laws in Other Countries
- Other POPIA Rules