@Home wanted to create excitement during the week leading up to Black Friday, offering their fans an opportunity to receive exclusive deals before anyone else.
They released a teaser campaign titled “Your VIP pass to shop Black Friday. Be the first.” The focus of the campaign was to acquire new subscribers, with a follow-up promotional email sent to those who had converted.
- Run a successful social media campaign for Black Friday deals, with a sign-up form to acquire email addresses.
- Use the collected email addresses to run an exclusive VIP access campaign.
- VIP customers from teaser campaign.
- Top existing customers.
- Affiliate partners.
@Home launched their social media teaser campaigns where they collected email addresses for each sign-up received. Shortly after that these new subscribers received an email, granting them a VIP status, to shop for Black Friday deals 6 hours before they were released to the public.
@Home offered their VIP shoppers exclusive access to shop for the best buys on an almost “first come, first serve” basis.
The teaser campaign pulled in approximately 5 000 email addresses. The email campaign that followed achieved a click-through-rate of over 8% which is double the CTR the retail industry saw in our last Email Benchmarks Report, and triple of what E-commerce saw.
The VIP shopping experience increased sales by 110% on the day of trade.
TFG’s turnover soared to R432million on Black Friday, double last year’s results and more than 50% higher than they had anticipated.
There were several reasons that this campaign was successful, but one of the main factors was it being built around an exclusive shopping experience for a limited amount of time which not only created excitement but also drove a sense of urgency.
Other factors included:
- Sending Time:
- The campaign was sent out at lunchtime when consumers are generally on a break.
- The Subject Line: Your VIP pass to shop Black Friday. Be the first.
- The subject line included the words ‘VIP’ and ‘be the first’, which evokes curiosity and communicates a sense of urgency compelling the reader to open the email.
- The Body:
- The message showcased the 50% off deal with a 6-hour time limit for VIP shopping – the message was clear and concise and created a sense of urgency