Hyper-personalisation is more than greeting a person by name in your automated emails. It’s the science of collecting customer data and using that data to send messages to them on channels they prefer, about content they’re interested in, at the time when they need it. And the post-2020 communication trends suggest that meaningful customer experiences continue to be key (read more in our guide).
But where do you start with hyper-personalisation? What are the options? Our Senior Digital Copywriter breaks it down, exploring the three levels of data collection you can use to harness hyper-personalisation in your communications:
Want the Gist?
These are the three data-collection methods in a nutshell:
1. Using Your Contact Data
For any automated journey to work, you need data – and to start, all you need is an email address. The more useful data you collect on your contacts (like name, gender, location, interests), the more hyper-personalised and targeted your messages can be.
- Personalise messages with unique data
- Segment lists for relevant messaging
- Dynamic content for different audiences
- A/B testing for better engagement
2. Customer Behaviour Tracking
This is the next level of automation, where you track how your contacts interact with your messages and use that as data. This enables you to change course when necessary and respond to your contacts with relevant messaging when they want or need it, improving the customer journey.
- Nurture leads and onboard contacts
- Adapt journeys in response to behaviour
- Respond to landing page engagement
- Trigger actions when a data changes
3. Integration Across Systems
This is the ultimate level of automation as it pulls and pushes data from other sources, like your CRM or ecommerce platform. It simplifies your life by automating your database updates, allowing you to nurture and convert potential leads, increase revenue, save time and admin, and boost productivity.
- Abandoned cart messaging
- CRM-integrated communications
- Reduce dropouts in higher education
- Track product adoption to support clients